The Raymarine E120 – is a the largest of the E Series Classic line introduced in 2005. It’s a powerful high-speed network chartplotter that can include GPS, Sonar, Radar, Autopilot, Weather, AIS and even Video! You can connect everything to one unit or have several connected in the network sharing data. A “very” flexible and fast multifunction unit, loaded with features, and an excellent choice when a large screen and network-ability is needed.
The Raymarine E120 Classic chartplotter communicates with other devices using the Raymarine SeaTalk network, NMEA 0183, and NMEA 2000. The E120 can use Navionics Gold, Platinum, or Platinum Plus – Compact Flash “CF” cartography. Navionics Compatibility Guide
This unit measures 14 inches wide, 10.4 inches high, and 6.1 inches deep. Display screen measurements are 9.7 inches wide and 7.3 inches high, with a diagonal measurement of 12.4 inches. Resolution is 800 x 600 pixels. A bright and sharp screen and no darkening when viewing the screen from the side.
Waypoints and Routing – A waypoint can be saved at the present position with one push of the WPTS key or you can use a soft key function to save at the cursor, ship position, at a lat/long, or access the waypoint list. Waypoint lists can be set up in separate groups for quicker access based on user criteria.
The waypoint list includes the group name, lat/long, bearing/distance, a 16-character name, a 32-character comment for each waypoint, storage of up to 1250 waypoints and 125 routes. All this should make your favorite waypoints in a large list much easier to find and use.
|FunLink: Sport Fishing Magazine TV – Wahoo Wonderland|
Chart redraws are fast, taking less than a second to fully redraw the chart after a map range change. Minimum range can be set as low as 1/32 of a mile.
Up to 4 data sources can be displayed in an individual window simultaneously with a data strip. The E120 has an easily accessible ruler to measure the bearing and distance to any point of between a pair of user selected points.
Packed with power and performance features, the 12.1” E120 display can be used as a stand-alone E-Series navigation display, or integrated with other E-Series displays as part of a SeaTalk network.
|Top In Class|
“We like the big screen and intuitive software on the Raymarine E120 chartplotter”.
|FunLink: Sport Fishing Magazine TV – Costa Rican Tuna Time|
Raymarine E120 Classic
• Detailed Features List •
Raymarine E120 Classic – Display
- 1250 waypoints entered via cursor, lat/lon, range and bearing from present position or at boat’s position. 16 character name can be assigned. Waypoint symbols and groups Additional storage available on CompactFlash cards.
- Waypoint – Transfer Waypoints database via NMEA and CompactFlash cards. Software also available to convert waypoints to Excel file.
- Man Overboard (MOB Mode) – Mark placed with course line; readout shows range, bearing, lat/lon of MOB and time elapsed since MOB.
- Screen functions – Full, half and quarter screens available dependant on function. Also 3 window page with 2 x 1/4 page windows and 1 x 1/2 page window.
- Chart scaling – 1/32nm (if cartographic detail is available to 4000nm).
- Presentation Modes – Head up, Course up or North up (selectable True or Mag-netic). Relative, Autorange or True Motion. Screen offset. Radar or 3D synchronization.
- Routes – A route plan may contain up to 50 waypoints. Up to125 routes can be stored in the units internal memory. Additional storage available on CompactFlash cards. SmartRoute to create a route from track history. 10 History tracks with up to 1000 points in each can be stored in the units internal memory. Track optimization reduces number of points used or user selectable time or distance interval. Additional storage available on CompactFlash cards
- Radar/Chart overlay – Radar image can be overlaid on all screen charts.
- Radar/Chart synchronization – To synchronize radar range and chart scale
- 3D/Chart synchronization – To synchronize 3D and 2D chart scales and orientation.
- Aerial overlay – Overlay of aerial photograph on the chart
- AIS overlay – Switch AIS symbols on/off. Display heading/speed vectors and ROT. View detailed AIS data, safety critical target data, ALR and SRM messages. Set up a safe zone.
- Navigation information – Own boats position in lat/lon, XTE, TTG and SOG/COG selectable. Bearing and distance to waypoint. Bearing and distance to cursor and ETA.
- Cartography – Navionics Charts on CompactFlash cards. Chart of the world built in.
- 3D Presentation Modes – Active motion mode, planning mode. Adjust rotation and pitch, port, starboard, forward and aft view, multiple views, Vessel offset.
- 3D Display – Declutter, Transducer cone, Depth scale, Waypoint name, Adjust exaggeration, 3D view locator.
Raymarine Digital Fishfinder
- Optional Sounder Module: DSM300 / DSM30 / DSM400- for the Raymarine E120 Classic
- Transducer – Transom-mount, in-hull or thru-hull options – 50/200HZ -600/1000 watt
- Receiver Type – Patented Raymarine HD Digital receiver technology
- Power output – Dependant on Digital Sounder Module
- Frequency Dependant on Digital Sounder Module
- Alarms Fish alarm, fish alarm depth, shallow and deep fish limit
- A-Scope Display Displays Sonar Returns in real time
- Bottom Coverage Display – Shows the diameter of the transducer beam where it meets the bottom.
- Bottom Lock – Displays echoes directly above the bottom.
- Range markers – Easily see how far the boat is from a target on the echo sounder screen
- Target Detection – Sonar fish echo with target depth readout
- Zoom – 2,3,4x and user programmable Zoom scales
Sounder Module Notes:
Raymarine strongly recommends that DSM30s, DSM300s, and DSM300Gs which have been interfaced to SeaTalkhs MFDs (ex. E-Series Classic MFDs, E-Series Widescreen MFDs, C-Series Widescreen MFDs, and G-Series GPMs) be upgraded to v4.20 DSM30/300 software with v5.18 bootcode.
- Raymarine E120 Classic Data Display Capabilities – Chartplotter, Fishfinder, Radar, External Video (x4), CDI(Course Deviation Indicator), and customizable Data Bar display)
- Mounting – Either trunnion bracket or flush mount option
- Humidity limit up to 95% at 35°C non-condensing
- Display Windows – Chart, Radar, Fishfinder, CDI, Video, Data, Weather and Engine Monitor.
- Illumination Screen and keypad: 0 to 100% in 64 steps Day/Night Mode
- Languages – The selection available will vary according to your location.
- System Alarms – Alarm clock, Anchor, Arrival, Deep depth, MOB, Offtrack, Shallow depth, Temperature, Timer
- Navigation Alarms – Arrival alarm, offtrack XTE alarm.
Instrument and Engine Data
- The Raymarine E120 Classic has 5 data pages available. Pre-defined (Navigation, Waypoint, Route, Fishing or Sailing) or user-configured.
- Data available – Vessel position, active waypoint, TTG, VMG – Waypoint, depth, COG SOG, heading, speed, set/drift, trip, log, ground log, ground trip, rudder, local time and date, sea temperature, app wind, true wind, VMG wind, ground wind XTE,compass,locked heading, way
- Engine Pages – 5 pages available. Pre-defined (engine, engine and fuel, fuel resources, engine and resources, twin engines or triple engine support) or user-configured.
- Engine Data available – Tachometer, boost pressure, alternator, oil pressure, coolant temperature, engine hours, fuel level (tanks 1 & 2), fuel rate, total fuel, load.
- Alerts – Incoming message (selectable categories)
- Message List Sorting
- Radome Or Open Array – Choose between 2-4kw Radome / 4-10kw Open Array.
- Compatability – The E 120 can use all Raymarine radar scanners made after 5/2003 including the newer digital scanners (excluding HD), however the open array scanners may require an additional power source.
- Range Scales – (Range Rings) 1/8 (1/16)nm to 72 (12) nm dependant on scanner Performance limited by scanner type and position.
- Range Ring Accuracy – Better than +/- 1.5% of the max. range scale in use, or 22m (72 ft.), whichever is the greatest.
- Bearing accuracy +/- 1°
- Variable Range Markers 2 x VRM’s, readout nm, sm, km
- Electronic Bearing Lines 2 x EBL’s, floating if required, resolution 1°
- Bearing scale 360° graduated at 10° intervals 2° small ticks 10° large ticks
- Minimum range 23m (25 yds)
- Range Discrimination 23m (25 yds)
- Presentation Modes – Head up, Course up or North up (selectable True or Mag-netic) Relative or True Motion
- Scanner Control Interference rejection, standby/transmit modes, pulse selection, Tune, Rain, FTC and Sea controls, with selection of manual or automatic control of gain, sea clutter and tune (Auto GST)
- Compass Input – NMEA 0183 (required for fast heading data, suitable for MARPA), or SeaTalk
- Waypoint Display – Create waypoints and target waypoint displayed with User control of symbols and groups
- MARPA -Manual acquisition of 10 targets, automatic tracking, dangerous target alarms, safe zone, target history, true or rela-tive vectors, CPA graphics and indication of target speed/ course, bearing/ range, CPA and TCPA.
- Guard Zone Alarm – 2 guard zones, selectable sensitivity level, audible alarm
- Automatic Tuning – Auto control of gain, sea clutter and tune.
- Off Center function In Relative Motion, 1/3 or
- Wakes 10s, 30s, 1 min, 5 min, 10 min, OFF
- Target Expansion – Operator selectable with 2 levels available, OFF
- Timed TX Rotation periods: 10, 20 or 30 scans, Repetition periods: 3, 5, 10 or 15 minutes
- AIS overlay Switch – AIS symbols on/off. Display heading/speed vectors and ROT. View detailed AIS data, safety critical target data, ALR and SRM messages. Set up a safe zone.
Radar Compatibility Notes:From Raymarine: – “E-Series Classic Chartplotters (E80, E120) using with the latest E-Series Classic MFD software v5.52 are compatible with analog radar scanners (ex. RD218, RD424, etc.), Digital Radar Scanners (ex. RD418D, RD424D, etc.), HD Radar Scanners (ex. RD418HD, RD424HD, etc.), and Super HD Radar Scanners. When connected to a HD or Super HD Radar Scanner, the E-Series Classic will support color radar.”
Sirius SR6 Weather
- Type – SIRIUS Marine Weather
- Weather elements – Storm cast, waves, Canadian radar, lightning, wind, sea sur-face temperature, surface observations stations, city weather, NOWRad, storm tracks, surface pressure.
- Animated weather graphics – Weather forecast, weather radar history
- Weather reports – Tropical statements, marine warnings, marine zone fore-casts, marine watchbox.
- Target symbols – Sleeping, activated, selected, dangerous and lost.
- Target information – AIS vectors, safety critical data and full AIS data.
- Collision avoidance – Safe zones and safety messages.
- Alarms – Local alarm messages, lost targets
- AIS 250 “receive only”
Raymarine E120 Specifications
|Data Display Capabilities||Chartplotter, Fishfinder, Radar, CDI(Course Deviation Indicator), and customizable Data Bar display|
|Dimensions||14″ X 10.4″ X 5.51″ (355.5 x 264 x 140mm)|
|Display (LCD) size||12.1″|
|Display resolution||800 x 600 pixels (SVGA)|
|Display type||Ultra Bright Sunlight viewable color TFT LCD|
|Interfaces||1 NMEA 0183 input, 1 NMEA 0183 output, Raymarine SeaTalk, SeaTalk2/ NMEA 2000 Port*, SeaTalk hs network, Pathfinder Radar Input, video input, VGA video output *NMEA 2000 certification pending|
|Mounting Methods||Bracket or console, Mounting hardware included|
|Operating temperature||-14F to 122F (-10C to 50C)|
|Power consumption||30 Watts|
|Voltage range||10.7 – 32 volts (12/24v nominal)|
February 17, 2005 – “The Raymarine E-Series displays represent the convergence of Raymarine’s best technologies,” said Terry Carlson, President of Raymarine. “We have taken multifunction navigation to a whole new level with integrated video, high-speed networking and ultra bright color displays. Captains that demand the most from their electronics will see that the Raymarine E-Series is the optimal fit for their needs.”
Like Raymarine’s award winning C-Series, the E-Series displays can be configured in any combination or used individually as a chartplotter, digital fishfinder or radar just by adding the appropriate Raymarine sensors. Additional E-Series displays can be networked together using Raymarine’s all-new SeaTalk hs high-speed network protocol. Designed for easy networking at up to 100-megabit transfer speeds, SeaTalk hs enables instant transfer of chartplotter, digital fishfinder and radar functionality between networked E-Series displays.